...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of western New York, including the following
counties, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua.
* WHEN...Until 200 AM EDT Sunday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying
and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 750 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the warned area. Between 0.25 and 1.5 inches of
rain have fallen.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1.5 inches are possible
in the warned area.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Jamestown, Allegany State Park, Lakewood, Falconer, Clymer,
Jamestown West, Frewsburg, Long Point State Park, Findley
Lake, Chautauqua, Busti, New Albion, Gerry, Conewango,
Ellington, Leon, Randolph, Napoli, Celoron and Mina.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 259, PREVIOUSLY IN EFFECT UNTIL
MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT, IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EDT SUNDAY FOR
THE FOLLOWING AREAS
IN NEW YORK THIS WATCH INCLUDES 8 COUNTIES
IN CENTRAL NEW YORK
IN WESTERN NEW YORK
ALLEGANY CATTARAUGUS CHAUTAUQUA
ERIE LIVINGSTON ONTARIO
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF AUBURN, BUFFALO, CANANDAIGUA,
FAIR HAVEN, GENESEO, JAMESTOWN, OLEAN, WARSAW, AND WELLSVILLE.